Frequently asked questions

Where will the funds go?

Your gift goes directly to the University of Exeter to the fund you’ve chosen to donate to. Please see the specific fund’s page for further details. Following your donation, we will keep you updated on the impact your donation has made through the channels that you’ve opted to receive news from us.

Is my payment secure?

Yes. All payments through the University of Exeter’s website will be securely processed by Stripe and Stripe US

Why is my payment not going through?

Please check that you have included your postcode in both the address field and the card details field of the gift form. If there is still a problem you may have to contact your card provider and inform them that the payment is valid. For any queries please contact us at

Can I see my gift on this website?

Yes! If you’ve chosen not to make your gift anonymous, you can take a look at the donor wall to see your name.

Is there another way to donate to you other than online?

Yes, you can contact us at or call +44 (0) 1392 723141 and we’ll be delighted to help you make your gift.

I set up a recurring payment, what will show in the totaliser?

Yes, the total of your direct debit payments for the duration of time selected will show up in the total raised on the website.

I still have questions. How can I get in touch?

Feel free to email us at or call +44 (0) 1392 723141.

Is there a minimum donation?

The minimum donation is £1.00.

How can I give my gift?

By phone +44 (0) 1392 723141, by mail: Global Advancement, Northcote House, The Queens Drive, Exeter, EX4 4QJ or by using this website

Can I declare Gift Aid on my donation?

If you pay tax in the UK (income tax or capital gains), a Gift Aid declaration enables the University of Exeter to claim back from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) 25p for each £1 you give to us. If you are a higher rate tax payer, you can claim further tax relief in your Self-Assessment return.


  • The University of Exeter is an exempt charity, Reference X9538
  • If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that the charity reclaims, you can cancel your declaration.
  • If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self-Assessment tax return.
  • Please notify us if you wish to cancel your Gift Aid declaration, change your name or home address, or no longer pay sufficient tax on your Income and/or Capital Gains.